How much time?
I Peter 3:3-4 : Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and
fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in
Women love to pamper themselves. We will use a credit card to get our hair done. Add to that the regular manicures and
pedicures. For many of us this is a weekly routine that we cannot afford. Yet, we make the necessary sacrifices to make sure we
take care of our appearance.
The daily upkeep of our new hair-dos, and facial care can be time consuming. Application of make-up for some is a lengthy
process. Add to that the wrapping of hair at night, unwrapping in the morning, bumping curls, spraying spritz, and adding sheen.
To the face, there is the application of moisturizer, foundation, powder, toner, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil, blush, lipstick, etc.
All of this pampering takes time and money. Ask yourself a few questions, and discuss it here if you like:
1. Approx. how many minutes or hours per day do you take beautifying yourself physically?
2. Do you keep regular hair or nail appointments (or any type of physical beauty appointments)? How often have you cancelled
and/or postponed appointments?
3. How much money per month do you invest in beautifying yourself physically?
1. Approx. how many minutes or hours per day do you take beautifying yourself spiritually?
2. Do you keep regular prayer appointments with God? How often have you cancelled and/or postponed appointments?
3. Not including tithes, how much money per month do you invest in beautifying yourself spiritually- tools to help you grow
spiritually? (i.e., buying study tools, investing into your God given gift, attending seminars, etc.)
Sistas spend a small fortune to look drop dead gorgeous on the outside, and yet, inwardly they are tore up. All the make-up in
the world will not matter if the inside is a mess. Man looks on the outside, but God sees the heart. We can’t shine on the outside
unless God’s power is at work on the inside.
|Ministering to the TOTAL woman
Giving practical help for women to be all she can be to the Glory of God.
|Divinely - Inspired - Virtuous - Anointed – Sistas